CB Login Not the Default

5 years 11 months ago #303878 by bascherz
CB Login Not the Default was created by bascherz
Rather than explain the problem, I ask you to do this:
  1. Log in, then open or create an article only viewable by registered users.
  2. Copy the address for that article.
  3. Log out.
  4. Paste the article into the browser address box and hit Enter.
The site should tell you that you need to log in to read that article. But which login page comes up? For me, the default Joomla login comes up. I don't think we want users of our CB-powered sites to login using the standard Joomla login page. How do we make it so that in this case the CB Login module/page comes up? I do have a LOGIN main menu item pointing to a page with the CB Login module, but that doesn't appear to do it. There has to be a way to specify the default login method. I just don't know it.

This situation arises when an extension emails a link to a restricted-access article and the recipient clicks it when not already logged into the site.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303879 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Login Not the Default

bascherz wrote: Rather than explain the problem, I ask you to do this:

1. Log in, then open or create an article only viewable by registered users.
  2. Copy the address for that article.
  3. Log out.
  4. Paste the article into the browser address box and hit Enter.
The site should tell you that you need to log in to read that article. But which login page comes up? For me, the default Joomla login comes up. I don't think we want users of our CB-powered sites to login using the standard Joomla login page. How do we make it so that in this case the CB Login module/page comes up? I do have a LOGIN main menu item pointing to a page with the CB Login module, but that doesn't appear to do it. There has to be a way to specify the default login method. I just don't know it.

This situation arises when an extension emails a link to a restricted-access article and the recipient clicks it when not already logged into the site.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

Suggest you download and read the CB Primer Book.
I am guessing you need to look at the Community Builder System Plugin section and make sure the redirects are enabled.

5 years 11 months ago #303880 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic CB Login Not the Default
You mean these settings? They look right to me.

5 years 11 months ago #303881 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Login Not the Default
I mean this page from the CB Primer Book (see note)
Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago #303882 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic CB Login Not the Default
Mine only shows the two options, Nick. Why is that?

5 years 11 months ago #303892 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login Not the Default
The other 2 parameters were no longer necessary. If you disable those 2 parameters you have then CB will not protect you from backdoor login and registration, which is login and registration through Joomla that bypasses CB entirely. In your case you just need to enable "Rewrite URLs" and you should be ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn