Groupjive notifications

6 years 6 days ago #303898 by AlanJones
Groupjive notifications was created by AlanJones
I am using language overides on our site to kick out email notifications when someone posts on a group wall. [wall_post]

Everything was working fine until recently replies stopped working. I have a language overide setup for when someone posts on the wall and for when someone replies.

Key 1
USER_HAS_POSTED_ON_THE_WALL_IN_THE_GROUP_GROUP_3b88bf

From [user]:
<p></p>
<p></p>
[wall_post]
<p></p>
<p></p>
(Group: [group])
Instructions: To reply to sender, hit reply and replace the no-reply email address with the intended recipient address. If you would like everyone in your group to see your reply, go to the Community online and click reply on that specific post. Your message will then be emailed to everyone in the group.
<p></p>

Key 2
USER_HAS_POSTED_A_REPLY_ON_THE_WALL_IN_THE_GROUP_G_dbfbf9

From [user]:
<p></p>
<p></p>
[wall_post]
<p></p>
<p></p>
(Group: [group])
Instructions: To reply to sender, hit reply and replace the no-reply email address with the intended recipient address. If you would like everyone in your group to see your reply, go to the Community online and click reply on that specific post. Your message will then be emailed to everyone in the group.
<p></p>

Is there something I am missing that I need to do to send out emails when a user replies to a post?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 days ago #303899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive notifications
Navigate to the group you're expecting reply notifications from then under that groups menu click Notifications and ensure you've set "User reply to my existing posts" to "Notify" otherwise it won't send notifications for replies. Note it will not notify you if you are not the owner of the post being replied to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn