[SOLVED] Welcome email not being sent, but emails work in cb and joomla

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303906 by jasonfox7
Greetings. The welcome email for new users is not working. I have tried php mailer, smtp, etc... Joomla can send emails, and I can mass mail myself from within Community Builder and I receive the emails.

The only thing that I can think that would be causing this is CB Auto Actions, but I don't understand enough of what is going on to know if that is it. I followed krileon's instructions here on how to setup a redirect after registration. www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/185909-solved-automatic-login-after-registration#185947

Could something in those instructions be interfering with the welcome emails? The redirect works amazing by the way, thank you.

-update-

My fault for not reading that thread to the bottom, I now see that I was using an old method that shouldn't be used anymore. Still I have a problem though. I definitely am not getting the registration emails, regardless of whether or not I disable the auto actions referenced in the old thread.

-further update-

1) How do I make the login from the cb auto actions a "remember me" type of login. I am redirecting a user to a calculator on my website that uses information from their profile and gives them the chance to edit the information. When they submit they are pestered again to login. I need to avoid that.

2) Registration notification emails are definitely not working. I can create a user from the backend that is not confirmed, and send them a new confirmation email, and that email IS received. I guess that means CB is able to send emails. Yet, no emails when someone registers from the frontend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303908 by jasonfox7
I have temporarily gotten around this problem by using the old login method described in the referenced old thread, and adding a cb auto action that emails me the information I need and emails the users.

If you guys know a way to fix this so it's done right and not patched together, I would appreciate it. I'm not as smart as you are about php, etc. I was a java programmer 15 years ago and have had to learn php, sql, joomla, etc... in a one month period. This has been arduous. CB is a great product, you made my life much easier. Thank you.

5 years 11 months ago #303922 by krileon

1) How do I make the login from the cb auto actions a "remember me" type of login. I am redirecting a user to a calculator on my website that uses information from their profile and gives them the chance to edit the information. When they submit they are pestered again to login. I need to avoid that.

It just sounds like their session is expiring. Recommend increasing the session duration in Joomla global configuration. You can't trigger a remember me login from CB Auto Actions.

2) Registration notification emails are definitely not working. I can create a user from the backend that is not confirmed, and send them a new confirmation email, and that email IS received. I guess that means CB is able to send emails. Yet, no emails when someone registers from the frontend.

Within CB > Configuration > Registration ensure the Subject and Body parameters for both emails are not empty. If they are they won't send. Also ensure "Registration Email Address" is either empty or set to an email address that belongs to your mail servers domain. After registering on frontend confirm that you're seeing the registration complete page. Your redirect action is indeed redirecting too early and should be redirecting on the onAfterSaveUserRegistration trigger, but for now completely unpublish CB Auto Actions during your tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303927 by jasonfox7
Brilliant! Changing the trigger to onAfterSaveUserRegistration fixed everything.

Thank you so much! Solved
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.537 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn