PayPal not Linking with CB Subs?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #303945 by fede312
PayPal not Linking with CB Subs? was created by fede312
I've got an email from a subscriber, his subscription was charged in PayPal, but it stills shows as Expired on CBsubs, and the auto actions did not take out the Joomla permission "CB Expired" I've created to indicate when the account is expired. When I went to see in the members list another 5 members, with the same status and their account was also charged in PayPal.

In CBSubs their account shows as manual, not Auto-recurring, but I did not give that subscription option. All the other members are normal "Auto-recurring with Notifications."

Also happening with new subscribers, the transaction gets complete but CBSubs does not activate.

How should I proceed?

Thank you

Federico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303959 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal not Linking with CB Subs?
PayPal Standard, Advanced, or Pro? Sounds like IPNs are never arriving to your site. Are any IPN notifications for new subscriptions showing up within CBSubs > Notifications? Suggest reviewing your PayPal configuration carefully as something may not be configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303967 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal not Linking with CB Subs?
Yes they show a mismatch. I think it is because I changed the email address on my paypal account.

This message contains confidential information

What should I do to fix this?

Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #303969 by krileon

Yes they show a mismatch. I think it is because I changed the email address on my paypal account. What should I do to fix this?

Be sure "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" is set to the email address that's receiving the payments. If that email address is different from the email address marked as primary on the account then be sure the email address marked primary is specified in "PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account)". Alternatively you can just set "PayPal Business (email or secure merchant ID)" to your Merchant ID and not have to worry about the email addresses. To find Merchant ID click the gear icon next to logout at PayPal and under "Account options" you should see "Merchant ID" field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303972 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal not Linking with CB Subs?
Ok, I've changed the email to the Merchant ID.

The other option [ PayPal Main receiver account (email) (if Business is different from your main account) ]
Do I need an email address then or just keep it blank?

Also,

1. What should I do with the transactions already posted, do I have to fix those, or just leave them as they are?

2. What should I do with the Joomla permissions (auto-actions)?

Should I change add permissions manually?
For example, the members that renewed for the 3rd month (permission CB Month 3) should I add it manually since the auto action did not run?
And if so, on the next renewal will the system add the 4th month (permission CB Month 4) or will it add the Month 3 again?

Thank you again

5 years 11 months ago #303987 by krileon

Do I need an email address then or just keep it blank?

Set it to the email address marked as primary on the account.

1. What should I do with the transactions already posted, do I have to fix those, or just leave them as they are?

They should resend their IPNs in a day. Check within your PayPal account to see when the notification will retry. Alternatively if the payment was recieved I suppose you could manually activate their subscription by editing them in CB > User Management or paying the basket in CBSubs > Baskets.

2. What should I do with the Joomla permissions (auto-actions)?

Is the user truly expired? Users do not expire until after the grace period. Be sure to trigger expirations according to how you've set them to trigger within CBSubs > Global. If your auto action still isn't working then it likely wasn't setup correctly. Use the below to act on subscription state changes.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn