CB Conditional not working in user management admin view

5 years 11 months ago #304645 by CMoorhouse
Joomla version 3.8.6
PHP version 5.6.32
Community builder 2.1.4

Hi

I am using community builder on my booking system website to capture account information as customers book. I have used CB conditional such that only relevant tabs and their fields need to be completed. When relevant they correctly show to the customer and the relevant fields are marked as compulsory/required. A question and the answer chosen in the first tab determines which others tabs then present to the customer.

When the tabs aren't relevant they correctly don't display. From the customer and front end perspective this all works well

However in the admin user management view the conditional rule does not seem to be working as all the tabs present and hence I can't edit anything as everything is presenting and lots of required/compulsory fields then show when they are not relevant. Ie the conditional rule does not seem to be working in the admin user management view.

Can you please let me know how i ensure the conditional rules also works in the admin user management view as well?

thank you
Caroline

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304653 by krileon
As a professional subscriber you can utilize our priority support forums and do not have to post in the community forums. I've went ahead and moved your topic for you.

CB Conditional does not condition backend by default. You must enable conditional usage for backend within CB Conditional > Parameters. I don't really recommend doing this as it limits in scope what you can manage from backend. Instead I recommend disabling field validation for backend within CB > Configuration > User Profile to allow for easier management of your users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn