[SOLVED] [#4752] Userlist rows linking into new window

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #304999 by peli_m
Hello,

Really It's very tedious clicking right mouse button to open an user profile in a filtered userlist. Most cases we forget it and we are clicking left button, and then we need to reload the list view again and again. Is there a way to open user profile linked from an userlist in a new window, without manipulate the CB code? An option in Userlist Linking Tab in List configuration would be perfect.

Thank you!

Regards,

José

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist rows linking into new window
For row links, nope. We've a feature ticket already to implement a parameter for specifying the row link target, but it's not really a priority as we want to rewrite userlist output entirely first.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4752

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305017 by peli_m
Replied by peli_m on topic Userlist rows linking into new window
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Feature proposal is from 2014, before 2.0 CB version I think. Obiously isn't a priority for development team because no lot of people are asking for it, but in our company we use CB lists continuosly in our CV selection platform filtering, searching and reviewing personal profiles, and opening them in a new window wold be a mayor improvement for us. Now, we spend lot of time reloading the list.

Regards,

Jose Martinez

5 years 10 months ago #305029 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Userlist rows linking into new window
The row linking is done using the below jQuery. You could use CB Auto Actions to add your own custom jQuery to handle the row click behavior.

File Attachment:

File Name: userlist_r...uery.txt
File Size:0 KB

Using CB Auto Actions and a Code action on onBeforeDisplayUsersList you'll be able to load in your custom jQuery on userlists. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: onBeforeDisplayUsersList
Type: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Method: jQuery
Code:

File Attachment:

File Name: userlist_r...ndow.txt
File Size:0 KB

That should open the rows as a new window. If you want it to be a smaller popup like window you'll need to adjust the window.open to be as such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: peli_m

5 years 6 months ago #307395 by peli_m
Replied by peli_m on topic Userlist rows linking into new window
I've just discover "Profile Link Target", a new parameter in Linking of List configuration Profile Link Target. It works like a charm and it's exactly what I was looking for because it will save a lot of time.

Thank you very much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn