Search of CB Activity by asset

5 years 10 months ago #305288 by timstohr
Search of CB Activity by asset was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
it would be great to have a search functionality in CB Activity/Groupjive.

I have just read this ticket: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7182

What would be cool is if you had a module/field/thing where you can search that particular stream. eg: if the stream is set to show only the assets XYZ, then the search field would set the filter to the same assets as the CB activity module and simply search the stream...

Also a cool thing to have would be a module where one can set the Asset that is able to be searched in the back-end (eg Asset mainforum.% can be searched if user selects the option "Main Forum" in front-end").

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Search of CB Activity by asset
Searching and filtering are already planned as noted in the feature ticket. You'll be able to configure the asset filters on a per stream basis and have as many as you want. Users will simply select them from a dropdown menu of some sort.

What would be cool is if you had a module/field/thing where you can search that particular stream. eg: if the stream is set to show only the assets XYZ, then the search field would set the filter to the same assets as the CB activity module and simply search the stream...

Searching one stream from another isn't going to happen, sorry.

Also a cool thing to have would be a module where one can set the Asset that is able to be searched in the back-end (eg Asset mainforum.% can be searched if user selects the option "Main Forum" in front-end").

That's basically how it'll work. You'll supply the assets and the filter name. The user then selects the filter on frontend and it filters the stream to the assets you've specified for that filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305295 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Search of CB Activity by asset
Understood and thats cool, but for easier usability, could we also set a default one? So that it is easier for users to search what they are most likely to search (so in my case above, I would put on the mainforum a search module with the filter "mainforum.%" as default (and then maybe one or two other ones) as 98% of the users are going to use this field for searching the main forum.

-> Problem: Groupjive... so lets say that you have a group for mountaineering and a group for baking. A user is now searching for "mount everest" (as he is going to climb that one soon) in the group "mountaineering". He will then also get the results with "How to bake a mount everest cake!!!!" from the group "baking"...

5 years 10 months ago #305302 by krileon

Understood and thats cool, but for easier usability, could we also set a default one? So that it is easier for users to search what they are most likely to search (so in my case above, I would put on the mainforum a search module with the filter "mainforum.%" as default (and then maybe one or two other ones) as 98% of the users are going to use this field for searching the main forum.

Have added note to feature ticket to review implementing support for setting a filter to default.

-> Problem: Groupjive... so lets say that you have a group for mountaineering and a group for baking. A user is now searching for "mount everest" (as he is going to climb that one soon) in the group "mountaineering". He will then also get the results with "How to bake a mount everest cake!!!!" from the group "baking"...

The search term they used exists in the post so yes it'd find that. No nothing will be done about it as that's just how searching works. Searching at the moment is not a guarantee though. It'll be reviewed for implementation, but the primary focus of the feature ticket is to implement asset filtering.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305307 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Search of CB Activity by asset
Ahh but regarding the groups, that would be easy to solve... If you put a search box inside each group, you know that all the activity inside that group has the asset "groupjive.group.xx". you can then easily search inside that single group by putting in the code as "Asset filter" that it should search "groupjive.group.[var1_groupid]" and then you would have a search directly inside a group...

5 years 10 months ago #305308 by krileon
Searching and filtering will be per-stream. So that's already covered by the proposed feature ticket. The filtering filters the streams current results. So if you've a stream that shows profile activity, groupjive activity, and gallery activity you can use filters to filter the stream to show just the gallery activity that is already on that stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: timstohr

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn