Users unable to register

5 years 10 months ago #305340 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Users unable to register
I increased to 512 but still same problem. Used php.ini on plesk to increase limit. Did not work. Still same message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305341 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Users unable to register

timstohr wrote: I increased to 512 but still same problem. Used php.ini on plesk to increase limit. Did not work. Still same message.

If you did increase you should have gotten a different message.

www.joomlapolis.com/faq/18200-checking-your-php-memory

oops, I need to fix the reference to the memory tester tool that never migrated from the previous docman download system to cb packager.

Send me a PM and I will email it to you.

5 years 10 months ago #305350 by timstohr
Moved the limit up to 2000 MB and it worked for about 10 min, then starting putting out the error again. I will check again today later what the problem is (on frontend I am getting the message: User registration blocked: Reason: Already logged in).
I am 100% sure not logged in, and am trying to register an email address that is definitely not registered yet.

5 years 10 months ago #305364 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users unable to register
Unpublish plugins 1 by 1 within CB > Plugin Management until issue goes away. You've an infinite loop somewhere just eating memory until it runs out.

(on frontend I am getting the message: User registration blocked: Reason: Already logged in).

That's CB AntiSpam and its Duplicate Login protection that you'd of had to of enabled. It has nothing to do with Registration. It doesn't act on any registration triggers what so ever. If you've the Auto Login system action in CB Auto Actions enabled that'd explain why you see that error after registering. Beyond that I've no idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305372 by timstohr
I think I finally found it....
Auto action updates certain fields after First Login and BeforeUserUpdate and I have some fields set as conflicting default value at registration (I think). Anyway, I am fairly sure that it has to do with that auto action. I disabled it and it worked. Need to test further tonight.
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 10 months ago #305389 by timstohr
Was not that... It was CB Antispam. (as well as something else, which consumes a LOT of memory but I am still hunting this). The blocking of registration was set to -1 YEAR from factory settings! That is way way way too low. Problems solved now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn