Users unable to register

5 years 10 months ago #305407 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Users unable to register
The duplicate login block should of had nothing to do with registrations. What block exactly was in place that was causing this?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305411 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Users unable to register
I have no idea if I did not have two issues at the same time. I only know that I turned off AntiSpam and it started working faultlessly. Here is the block that I had made...

Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #305413 by krileon
Instead of disabling all of CB AntiSpam simply disable duplicate registration blocking and see if that resolves it. The values you have are all defaults. Will retest and see if something could be happening with the registration blocking. Is CB AntiSpam completely up to date as well?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305414 by krileon
Ok, have retested duplication registration blocking and seams to work fine. I'm properly redirected back to the home page with the block error. Did you set the "Redirect URL" parameter under the Registration > Blocked tab to something other than default empty or index.php?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 10 months ago #305415 by timstohr
Have disabled only the block. I did a bit of button bashing yesterday and managed to solve it. I have re enabled the whole antispam and login still works.

5 years 10 months ago #305423 by timstohr
The re-direct has been left empty. I have no idea what went wrong but it works now again.
Btw how does it check if the user has already registered? Only on IP? Because we have University computers and people registering from those computers will all have the same IP. Then again, I had this setting on for about 2 years and there have never been any problems until now (although I must say that my service has seen a stark rise in popularity in the last months with about 1000 new registration per month).

Maybe the increased registration were the problems?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn