How to make Modules Anywhere work...

5 years 9 months ago #305483 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
Hi, yes it did not display any stream. Even when I just tried asset="mainforum".

On using "profile" it displayed the stream but on "mainforum" it did not. I am using "mainforum" in the asset field of the module.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305485 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
I'm not sure what to suggest as the below displays perfectly fine in my tests.

[cbactivity:activity asset="mainforum" /]

It's empty except for the global activity posts, but displays and works fine. Are you sure the syntax you're using is absolutely correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305499 by timstohr
OK I am litterally tearing my hairs out now because sometimes it works and sometimes not. I am assuming that it started working after I updated the component. Anyway, it is a really great idea to have this as it saves loads of time.

What you're seeing something reversing the encoding and I guess re-encoding it, which is why it breaks

Any idea what could be doing it? At which level does it reverse the encoding? Article level, cache?

5 years 9 months ago #305500 by krileon
Disable your WYSIWYG editor or use View Source as the editor it self could be encoding the HTML causing the REGEXP to be unable to match.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305777 by timstohr
Hi, sorry to pester you again... I may have found a solution on how to make it work (or at least the cause of it not working)
When I use Modules Anywhere, then it breaks everything/CSS does not get loaded.

HOWEVER, If I put another Activity module on the same page, then both activity modules look the same. That means that the problem is that something does not get loaded.

I have also tried unpublishing the original Activity module and it broke again.

Any ideas how I can load the remaining files into the place where it needs to be?

(btw that also happens when I use the synthax to display the activity module in an article)
Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #305799 by krileon
If you're seeing the below then it means something has reversed the htmlspecialchars encoding of the article after CB Activity Bot has replaced the shortcode with the activity stream. This is why it breaks.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239308-how-to-make-modules-anywhere-work?start=6#305438

Try changing the load order for your content plugins. Specifically change "Content - CB Activity" to be loaded last in Extensions > Plugins as maybe that'll prevent other content bots from breaking it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn