How to make Modules Anywhere work...

5 years 9 months ago #305428 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...

Another question: Does the custom module of Joomla have ContentPrepare?

I believe so, but has to be toggled on via parameter.

OK it theoretically works but having problems actually finding the syntax. There is no example given of a syntax that would create a stream.

The syntax is directly in the description of the CB Activity Bot (Content - CB Activity) plugin.

Did I mess up the semi-colon?

There is no semi-colon in the syntax; see the CB Activity Bot (Content - CB Activity) description. Example as follows.

[cbactivity:activity asset="profile" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305438 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to make Modules Anywhere work...
Hi so I have tried what you mentioned and got a weird error... The CSS was completely messed up (please tell me if it works on yours, then it a caching problem on mine)… see attached screenshot.

Inside the CB Activity modules, I have quite complicated filters, so under ASSET I have the following: mainforum.[user_id],mainforum.*,onlyconnected.mainforum.*,events.*,groupjive.group.*.wall.* (all activity created inside the stream are labelled with mainforum, and the rest are filters.
But that does not work! it simply does not show the filtered stream but stays as letters. I have attached an image.

Also I have realised that you used as ASSET only the word "profile" not profile.[user_id]
Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #305441 by krileon
Inline streams using CB Activity Bot work perfectly fine in my tests. What you're seeing something reversing the encoding and I guess re-encoding it, which is why it breaks. The documented wildcard usage is % and not *, which is supported but it's undocumented and not recommended. The below worked fine in my tests.

[cbactivity:activity asset="profile,profile.42,profile.%,profile.[user_id]" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305447 by timstohr
Hi,
Changed it to [cbactivity:activity asset="mainforum,mainforum.%,onlyconnected.mainforum.%,events.%,groupjive.group.%.wall.%" /] and it does not work. Also tried [cbactivity:activity asset="mainforum.[user_id],mainforum.%,onlyconnected.mainforum.%,events.%,groupjive.group.%.wall.%" /]
Still nothing...
BUT...
[cbactivity:activity asset="profile,profile.42,profile.%,profile.[user_id]" /] works. I think it only accepts the asset ID Profile (only "mainforum" as asset does not work either)...

5 years 9 months ago #305457 by timstohr
Hi,
Have tried as well [cbactivity:activity; asset="mainforum" /] and all iterations thereof (with dot, without etc...). CB content bot only seems to recognise the asset "profile" which is not really useful at all. What would be superb is if the asset setting in CB Content Bot would be basically like the asset field in the module.

5 years 9 months ago #305477 by krileon
You can use the same assets there as you use in the module, fields, and menu items. What do you mean mainforum asset doesn't work? It's not displaying a stream at all?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn