Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2

5 years 9 months ago #305511 by cbertrand
Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2 was created by cbertrand
Hi,
I just updated CB from 2.1.5 to 2.2.
But pb, now the front-end display is completely messed up (and the backend a bit too but less).
For example, no more horizontal tabs in Profile or in GroupJive (everything is displayed vertically and with no tabs), the size of the polices are all changed (and awful).....
Am I the only one?
Could you please have a look?
Thanks for the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2
Ensure everything installed has been updated. If you've any form of caching on your site be sure you've purged the cache. If issue persists force a browser refresh with ctrl + f5. Our demo site has been completely updated; check it out below for what things should display as with CB 2.2 Bootstrap 4 upgrade.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

If you're using a custom template in GJ be sure to change back to default within CB GorupJive > Parameters > Global as you'll need to update your custom template. If GJ still isn't displaying properly try installing it a second time to be sure it was completely updated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 9 months ago #305529 by cbertrand
Replied by cbertrand on topic Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2
Indeed, I reinstalled GJ.
Apparently I had v.3.2 and not 3.3 (but did not have any notification of update !).
It is better now (but still doesn't look as good as your demo site).
Also I will probably have to custom the font-size (as it really looks small).

But, besides the update of GJ to 3.3, do you recommend any others ?

5 years 9 months ago #305530 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2

Also I will probably have to custom the font-size (as it really looks small).

See my reply below regarding font size.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

But, besides the update of GJ to 3.3, do you recommend any others ?

Yes, update everything installed that is out of date. You should be able to do this using Install from Web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin as it provides an Update All button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbertrand

5 years 9 months ago #305533 by cbertrand
Replied by cbertrand on topic Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2
Thanks

(and for the font-size I guess I will use the custom.css file)

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305539 by davidmarshall15
Replied by davidmarshall15 on topic Pb of display after updating CB to 2.2
I had this issue.

The problem is the date stamps on the plugins can be misleading, maybe they were packaged days/weeks ago and waited for CB 2.2 but it means people will miss the update.

It might be helpful if all relevant plugins had their version number and release date bumped.

Anyone else with this issue, it seems all plugins after CB Version: 2.1.6+2018.06.15.17.11.22.e62307252 on the release page will need updating.

Edit: I want to add - Great update - Very much appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn