What to do if template does not support Bootstrap 4?

5 years 10 months ago #305515 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have three templates used at the same time on the site (one for computer, one for mobile and one for the app) and none of them supports Bootstrap 4. I cannot invest the time to update all the templates at this moment. Is it possible to have community builder 2.2 with the old bootstrap?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305520 by krileon
What do you mean they don't support Bootstrap 4? They shouldn't need to unless you mean the colors don't match. Responsiveness in CB and our plugins was also significantly improved with this release so should display perfectly fine on mobile, desktop, etc..

Is it possible to have community builder 2.2 with the old bootstrap?

No, the entire point of CB 2.2 is Bootstrap 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305522 by timstohr
Ahhh got it. The problems I had were in the plugins that may not have been compatible with new CB 2.2. I will try it out and give feedback if the issues persist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 10 months ago #305534 by timstohr
Updated components and it works spot-on.
Need to re-do some CSS work but it works a LOT better than before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 10 months ago #305544 by timstohr
Got most CSS problems solved now. Just two issues remaining. Could you please help with those since it was working beforehand exactly as I wanted then I updated and now it does not work anymore.

Pictures in CB Activity: I had made CSS so that the picture was stacked above the link (both were taking up 100% of the width) and metadata inside any Activity. Now they are side by side and it looks quite a bit less attractive as my users love big pictures. How can I stack them above one another again?

2: CB Activity: The image vanishes when I look at the website over the phone. Anything I can do against that as my users love looking at photos on the phone.

3: For some weird reason, I can only change the size of the LIKE button + writing IF I change the size of the authors name as well (both are set at 0.89rem and ".textsmall" is set at 0.76rem). I would like the LIKE button to be the size of text small.

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #305582 by krileon

Pictures in CB Activity: I had made CSS so that the picture was stacked above the link (both were taking up 100% of the width) and metadata inside any Activity. Now they are side by side and it looks quite a bit less attractive as my users love big pictures. How can I stack them above one another again?

Pictures displayed by CB Gallery on your activity stream? Are you using a custom template in CB Gallery to modify its activity display? If so change back to default as you'll need to update your template. It's safe to assume you'll have to redo any custom CSS you're applying to CB.

2: CB Activity: The image vanishes when I look at the website over the phone. Anything I can do against that as my users love looking at photos on the phone.

Not sure I understand. Images are displaying perfectly fine in my tests when viewing mobile view of a page. Are all images being hidden? Those from CB Gallery and those linked to using attachments? Try switching to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue resolves as you may have a CSS conflict coming from somewhere.

3: For some weird reason, I can only change the size of the LIKE button + writing IF I change the size of the authors name as well (both are set at 0.89rem and ".textsmall" is set at 0.76rem). I would like the LIKE button to be the size of text small.

There's a element specific CSS class for both. For the like button you'd style likeStreamLink class and for the names you'd style likeStreamCount. Use !important flags to force your styling where necessary. So if you want the button to have same size as text-small utility class you'd use the below for example.

.likeStreamLink {
    font-size: 0.875rem;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn