Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides

5 years 9 months ago #305576 by autobahn
We have overrides for all the Bootstrap and CB CSS that specifies a colour so that CB scheme matches the Joomla one. Having upgraded my (cloned) test site to CB2.2 (and therefore Bootstrap 4) some colours are no longer correct. Since some of the CSS terminology has changed (as described at getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/migration/) as well should I just recreate all the overrides and scrap the old ones?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #305596 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides

should I just recreate all the overrides and scrap the old ones?

Yes, some class names have changed compared to Bootstrap 3 and some new ones now exist so you'll need to redo some/all your overrides if you were targeting Bootstrap classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #305607 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
Thank you for your prompt response, as always. That's rather what I was afraid of as it's a lot of work but at least I know I'm not doing it unnecessarily :)

5 years 9 months ago #305611 by krileon
I'm looking into implementing a SCSS compiler feature in CB Template Changer plugin to allow you to easily change colors and generate new templates for CB. So hopefully soon no one will have to add CSS overrides just to change colors. Not entirely sure yet how well it'll go, but it's something we certainly want to do.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7192

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306139 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Bootstrap 4 and Custom Template overrides
I was really pleased to learn about you plans :) Having spent weeks getting my colours right with overrides up pops CB Template Changer 4, so I decided to give it a try. All was going well; I created a new theme, changing the core bootstrap colours and compiled it successfully. Unfortunately the popup that appears when you change the colours is in the top left, covering the buttons for saving the new template (or cancelling it).

The Cancel button on the popup didn't work so I couldn't close it, nor could I move the popup out of the way. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

I'm really keen to try out this new facility.

Thanks

5 years 8 months ago #306166 by krileon
The color picker should not be displaying top left. Please ensure CB it self is completely up to date. Once done when viewing the Themes tab press Ctrl + F5 to refresh your browser without cache. That should clear up the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn