[#7225] Accessibility Issues with 2.2.0 and Latest Joomla Release for Administrators

5 years 8 months ago #306032 by krileon
I'm not sure what more to suggest. I've ran Googles accessibility audit and it passes fine. I've also used ChromeVox to navigate the page perfectly fine. Are you able to use the Access Level select field just above the Usergroup field? Do you have a large amount of custom usergroups and/or access levels? When there's a large amount of select options the select field converts to a jQuery select2 usage, but it also has its appropriate aria attributes. Are you able to use select fields in profile edit in backend and frontend?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306034 by irwinb
Hi,

Firstly, I do have about 50 groups. I cannot access the Access List you are referring to. I can use the select boxes on some pages but not others. Especially when it adds the edit field I am guessing the Jquery ones. Google VOX is thw worlds worst screen reader and only works with its Google Chrome. Most bline people do not even use it thus why it has such a low raiting. NVDA, JAWS and VoiceOver for the Mac are what people like me use. I don't even trust Google's Audit of accessibility considering most of their own producs do not meet good standards. I am wondering if there is a way I can demonstrate this issue to you. CB is such a great product that I don't want to loose the ability to use it.

Kind Regards,

Billy

5 years 8 months ago #306035 by krileon
Ok, it sounds like your issue is the select2 usages then. Will retest those using NVDA. They have the appropriate aria elements so they should pass fine. What exactly is it doing when trying to use them?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306036 by krileon
Ok, I think I see what issue you're having. Have retested select2 usages with NVDA and the elements in the dropdown when navigating with arrow keys just say "Blank". Is that the issue you're also seeing?

Looks like confirmed bug in select2.

github.com/select2/select2/issues/4418
github.com/select2/select2/issues/3735

Have added a bug ticket to investigate and see if a workaround or fix can be implemented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7225

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 years 8 months ago #306037 by irwinb
Yes Sir, that is exactly what it is doing. It will not let me make multiple selections either with the keyboard. If it acted for example like checkboxes, it would tell me it was selected or not. Then onces I highlight one I could hit space bard to select the various groups. Sometimes using JAWS vs NVA you will get different results.

5 years 8 months ago #306038 by krileon
Seams to be due to the search input completely breaking the tree. Once disabled seams to be ok navigating through the options, reading them out, and selecting them all works. Will continue to look into this further and try to have a fix available as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn