Usergroups Structure and Moderation

5 years 9 months ago #306049 by irwinb
Usergroups Structure and Moderation was created by irwinb
iHi,

Here is an example of what I am trying to do… I want to build a group structure correctly so that each group can be managed by its own coordinator.
The group structure would be like this:

County 1 > County 1 Members > County 1 Coordinator
County 2 > County 2 Members > County 2 Coordinator
…etc.…
Then I want to have each county in a regional group.
Then the statewide group would include all.
I want each member to only edit their own profile but no one else’s. The coordinators should be able to edit their members in their group. The regional coordinator should be able to do the same with all in their region. Then finally the statewide coordinator should be able to do this for the entire system.

How is this best accomplished? I understand ACL’s and Usergroups as far as assigning the permissions but how should I nest them to make this work?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Usergroups Structure and Moderation
There's no functionality for that in CB. CB Moderators have global permissions for a lot of plugins. As for editing users it is true they can't edit the profile of someone above them, but that won't stop several other usages like modifying CB Activity posts, deleting CB Gallery entries, etc.. they'll have full moderator permissions for those. I suppose your ACL would be setup as follows though.

Registered
- County 1 (assign members to this)
- - Coordinator
- County 2
- - Coordinator

Then for CB Moderators you'd create a view access level that included County 1 and County 2 Coordinator usergroups. Then set Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation to your view access level.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn