Printing results of lists

5 years 9 months ago #306070 by derekkoopowitz
Printing results of lists was created by derekkoopowitz
Is it possible to print the content of a list?

I have a number of lists that display member information and I've had several requests from different VPs that would like to print the content of those lists (or be able to download them perhaps in CSV format). This would allow them to get the member email addresses and email them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306074 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Printing results of lists
Should be able to print the userlist perfectly fine. You mean you want to print the list without your template HTML surrounding it? You can use custom CSS to modify how a pages print layout will display by using the print @media query. Example as follows.

@media print {
	body {
		color: red !important; // this will only apply to printing!
	}
}

Alternative is add &tmpl=component to the URL in your browser then use print.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306076 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Printing results of lists

krileon wrote: Should be able to print the userlist perfectly fine. You mean you want to print the list without your template HTML surrounding it? You can use custom CSS to modify how a pages print layout will display by using the print @media query. Example as follows.

Alternative is add &tmpl=component to the URL in your browser then use print.

Yes, the user wants the ability to have a print button on the screen and to have a formatted output of just the list contents sent to the printer. In your example... where would I put that code? Also, what exactly do you mean by the &tmpl=component option?

5 years 9 months ago #306077 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Printing results of lists
You don't need a print button. Using CSS you can have what you're wanting just using normal browser print behavior.

Also, what exactly do you mean by the &tmpl=component option?

In your browsers address bar you can add the tmpl parameter with a value of component to force Joomla to only render the component, which would be just the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306078 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: You don't need a print button. Using CSS you can have what you're wanting just using normal browser print behavior.

Also, what exactly do you mean by the &tmpl=component option?

In your browsers address bar you can add the tmpl parameter with a value of component to force Joomla to only render the component, which would be just the userlist.

I added the &tmpl= option and got a 404 error...

www.nsrca.us/index.php/membership-list&tmpl=component

Using CSS I would have to make sure that the entire list is on the page instead of using paging. Right now only 30 line items are displayed.

5 years 9 months ago #306081 by derekkoopowitz

krileon wrote: Should be able to print the userlist perfectly fine. You mean you want to print the list without your template HTML surrounding it? You can use custom CSS to modify how a pages print layout will display by using the print @media query. Example as follows.

@media print {
	body {
		color: red !important; // this will only apply to printing!
	}
}

Where would I put these CSS overrides? Under the "create overrides" in the template? If so, do I select module and if so, which one?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn