Two factor authentication how-to?

5 years 8 months ago #306107 by c_schmitz
Two factor authentication how-to? was created by c_schmitz
Hello,

I am looking for instructions how to set up Community Builder with Two factor authentication (TFA) for my users.
I have activated the Joomal TFA plugin but the only change I see is that in the log in form there is now a secret key field.
How do I set to things up so the user can actually activate the TFA within his community builder profile?

With best regards

Carsten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306110 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
Ensure the params field within CB > Field Management is set to display on profile edit. Then login to frontend and navigate to profile edit to configure the two factor authentication.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306148 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
What fields should there be?
I do not have any fields in t he field management that would obviously relate to TFA?

5 years 8 months ago #306170 by krileon
The two factor authentication parameters are output by the params field as they're Joomla user parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306182 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
Params field is active here - TFA Joomla plugins is also active and configured for front and backend.

Still, can't see anything related to TFA in then related CB tab on the front ebd.

5 years 8 months ago #306184 by krileon
Within Extensions > Plugins publish "Two Factor Authentication - Google Authenticator" or "Two Factor Authentication - YubiKey" then within your frontend profile edit you should see the below wherever you've placed your params field.

If you don't see it then ensure the params field in CB > Field Management is set to display on profile edit and that you have not hid it with CB Privacy or CB Conditional. TFA must be configured by the user from frontend. You can not do this on the users behalf or for your own account from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn