Two factor authentication how-to?

5 years 8 months ago #306890 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
The label is passed through Joomla language string API. Again, this all works perfectly fine in my tests. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. Also you can not configure 2FA on a users behalf and needs to be configured from frontend profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310761 by MMDoege
Replied by MMDoege on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
Has this been resolved?
We've the same issue.
Authentication method selection as shown in screenshot above by Kyle does not show up in params list in profile edit.
However, Secret Key field is now being displayed in CB Login Module.
How can we proceed now?

TXS.

5 years 1 month ago #310768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
It works fine with Joomlas Google 2FA plugin. You can only see the parameters when editing your self from frontend. They are not output in backend and you can not enable 2FA on another users behalf. I've no idea if it'll work with 3rd party 2FA plugins, but assuming they're designed correctly after Joomlas they should work. Ensure the params field within CB > Field Management is set to display on profile edit and is on a tab that is published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMDoege

5 years 1 month ago #310769 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
Just to give feedback - although it is a little embarassing:

At the time at some point we found out that the issue (non-visible 2FA field) was because of a CSS clause hiding one of the profile fields. With the activation of the 2FA the order of fields moved and then the 2FA activation button was hidden in the profile, instead of the original field That took quite some time to figure out.

Thank you for your persistent help, though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

5 years 1 month ago #310792 by MMDoege
Replied by MMDoege on topic Two factor authentication how-to?
Thank you Kyle,

as feedback

we have tracked down that the "Allow CMS User Parameters" field in "User Profile" config tab was set to "NO" to hide all fields affected.
Have set "Hide Parameters" in _UE_USERPARAMS field accordingly to let users not to play too much around.

Sorry for causing extra work for you

TXS
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn