Field group error

5 years 8 months ago #306708 by peli_m
Field group error was created by peli_m
Hello,

In a new Joomla! 3.8.11 installation, only with Community Builder package and CB Field Groups 1.0 installed. I have created two text fields cb_team and cb_score. A new group field cb_group only containing previous fields, allways return white page with "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'json' at line 2" when I try to save it.

In front-end group is published and it looks work, but it crash when try to save with "1054 Unknown column 'cb_group' in 'field list' "

Some idea?

Thank you

José Martinez

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306712 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group error
Update your database version as unfortunately we've no means through Joomla API to test MariaDB version. You need MariaDB 10.2 or greater. If you're unable to update your database you will not be able to use the CB Field Groups fieldtype as it uses a json database column type to optimize the storage and since we can't test MariaDB version through Joomlas database API we're not able to fallback to text. This is not an issue for anyone using MySQL.

As an additional note Joomla does not officially support MariaDB. Reasons as for why can be found below. This means we also do not support MariaDB and will not be performing any tests with MariaDB. Use it at ones own risk.

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/14141

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peli_m

5 years 8 months ago #306715 by peli_m
Replied by peli_m on topic Field group error
Thank you. Unfortunately my MariaDB version is 10.1.31-MariaDB-cll-lve. I have to wait for the hosting to improve

5 years 8 months ago #306790 by sysopcrew
Replied by sysopcrew on topic Field group error
Through Joomla System Information, I get Database Version 5.5.5-10.2.16-MariaDB, so that should work based on your comment, even though the MySQL 5.7.8+ error is raised? I don't know where the 5.5.5 comes from. 10.2.16 is also reported in my server control panel.

--
David Riviera

5 years 8 months ago #306810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group error
MariaDB is not officially supported by Joomla. This means it is not supported by CB either. We do not test for MariaDB and Joomla API provides no means of testing for MariaDB. It is only testing for MySQL version (using Joomla database API). It may or may not work on MariaDB, but for access to the JSON storage type and functions you'll need MariaDB 10.2+. That notice will likely display regardless of MariaDB version. Note it also states to update CB as it requires latest CB nightly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds