Weird reaction upon Adding user in backend -> cause is CB Activity

5 years 8 months ago #306769 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
When I try to add some new users to the backend of CB, I get this error "0 Call to undefined method stdClass::get()". It has something to do with CB Activity as it started working again after I had switched it off.

Any ideas? I thought activity and CB didnt interact in User management???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306770 by krileon
No idea, would need a line number with the error. Enable Joomla debug mode and maximum error reporting and see if that provides more details. If not check server error log to see if anything shows there with more details. My guess is the user is out of sync or something of the sort. CB Activity by it self doesn't touch user edit (the only user trigger it acts on is user delete). It's likely CB Auto Actions trying to store activity or something like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306771 by timstohr
Not user EDIT but NEW USER CREATION that is the problem.

5 years 8 months ago #306773 by krileon
My reply is still valid. CB Activity doesn't do anything on new user create or edit. It only acts on the user delete trigger. Try disabling CB Auto Actions and see if issue persists. If you're trying to render CB Activity in profile edit then I suggest not doing so as it's not designed for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306775 by timstohr
Ahh I had missed hitting the debug button...

Here is what I got told:

0 Call to undefined method stdClass::get()
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/like.php:68

5 years 8 months ago #306777 by krileon
Strange. Like fields can't output on edit views. Are you trying to substitute in a Like button into a Custom HTML field or something of the sort? or a CB Auto Actions usage trying to output a Like stream instead of create a like entry? Try unpublishing CB Auto Actions and see if issue persists. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn