[#7280] Lists not displaying

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307377 by derekkoopowitz
[#7280] Lists not displaying was created by derekkoopowitz
I'm using the latest CB build 2.2.1+build.2018.09.11.16.46.02.170f744e4.

We have a menu item to display all current members (default list). On that page we also have other lists that display members in a particular district... all those lists do not seem to be working at all. The main list displays but the others don't (after selecting them from the drop down).

Any advice on what is wrong? This was working at some point but I haven't tried recently (until today) - I installed the latest build yesterday so I have no idea if the prior version was working or not.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307388 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lists not displaying
We've no functionality for displaying multiple userslists on the same page. My guess is whatever you're using to do that isn't loading in the JS which is preventing the userlist selector from working. In cases like that I don't recommend displaying the userlist selector or hiding it on those pages specifically using CSS. Userlists are just not designed to be displayed like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307394 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Lists not displaying

krileon wrote: We've no functionality for displaying multiple userslists on the same page. My guess is whatever you're using to do that isn't loading in the JS which is preventing the userlist selector from working. In cases like that I don't recommend displaying the userlist selector or hiding it on those pages specifically using CSS. Userlists are just not designed to be displayed like that.

That's interesting, Kyle, because its been working like that for a number of years.

See the attached below... this is the default page display with all members.

Then this is the same page except now I've selected a different list from the pick list - it used to display the new list, now it doesn't.

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #307398 by krileon
Sorry, misunderstood your post. I understood it as you were displaying multiple userlists on the same page (e.g. Joomla wrapper module or 3rd party extension), which would have possible issues with missing or conflicting JS. That's just the userlist selector dropdown. The dropdown is jQuery driven. If you've a fatal JS error present on the page the dropdown will fail to work. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools. Next click Console. Now refresh the page and see if any fatal errors (they'll be red) are present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307400 by derekkoopowitz
Replied by derekkoopowitz on topic Lists not displaying

krileon wrote: Sorry, misunderstood your post. I understood it as you were displaying multiple userlists on the same page (e.g. Joomla wrapper module or 3rd party extension), which would have possible issues with missing or conflicting JS. That's just the userlist selector dropdown. The dropdown is jQuery driven. If you've a fatal JS error present on the page the dropdown will fail to work. Press F12 to open your browsers developer tools. Next click Console. Now refresh the page and see if any fatal errors (they'll be red) are present.

No problem... I get the following error:

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #307410 by krileon
Looks like jQuery isn't loaded. Is CBs jQuery disabled within CB > Configuration > Integrations? If it is please enable it again. Only disable CBs jQuery if you can be absolutely sure it'll be loaded by Joomla or some other extension on basically every page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn