Massmailer

5 years 6 months ago #307405 by fab85416
Massmailer was created by fab85416
Good morning,

It looks like the Massmailer in the Communitybuilder on our website is being used to send SPAM. Is there a way to completely disable this function (Massmailer)? Or is there another control mechanism that prevents misuse?

The affected files are (likely):
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/view/view.users.php
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/admin_language.php

We are using the current version 2.2.1

What other information do you need from us? Can you help us here please?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Fabian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307416 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Massmailer
Mass Mailer can't be used to send spam unless you have an administrator deliberately using it to do that. It is only functional from backend CB > User Management and only allowed for administrators. Suggest you evaluate who you've given administrator access to and remove their access immediately.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 6 months ago #307525 by fab85416
Replied by fab85416 on topic Massmailer
Thank you for your quick answer!

And good to know that it seems to be impossible to misuse the massmailer. That was just an assumption of our internet provider. But just in case: Is there a possibility to deactivate this feature? It would be a good opportunity for us to test which program is responsible for the SPAM.

Best regards,
Fabian

5 years 6 months ago #307533 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Massmailer
No, the mass mailer can't be disabled. Simply don't give people you don't trust backend access. You probably have a user sending other users emails from their profiles directly using the email form, which you can disable by setting "Email Handling" to "Do Not Display Email" within CB > Configuration > General. Beyond that you'll need to discuss with your server host to review mailer logs to see what exactly is being sent. It could also just be your host is flagging emails as spam because your Welcome or Pending registration emails in CB > Configuration > Registration could contain too many flags or is too generic; again something you need to discuss with your host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds