possible to allow user to make there profile visible to public

5 years 7 months ago #307442 by matthewdavey
Is it possible to allow user to make there profile visible to public if they wish?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #307448 by krileon
Yes, install CB Privacy and utilize its included Profile Privacy field. It can also allow privacy controls on a per tab and per field basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #307465 by matthewdavey
By default my CBuilder profiles wont allow a user to view other profiles unless they are members. Can this be changed?
I have checked in CB configuration user profile view access level is set to public view. as seen on your you
CB 2.0 Tutorials - 04 - User Lists and Joomla Menus

I made a list and when Im logged in as a user I can see all and view all users profiles according to there CB privacy.

But when Im not logged in I see a short list of 6 users that have no real significance at all strange? and I can view there profiles not logged in
I should see all members or none. see attached.

I want the users profile PUBLIC by default and user can change the privacy in edit profile.

There is no public to choose from in the CB privacy plugin to make the profile display to public.
You have to be viewing the profile to see the tab or field CB privacy plugin options.
Thanks
Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #307498 by krileon

By default my CBuilder profiles wont allow a user to view other profiles unless they are members. Can this be changed?

Yes, within CB > Configuration > User Profile set "Profile View Access Level" to "Public". Then just be sure you've a Joomla menu item to CBs profile page somewhere (doesn't have to be visible) that is also "Public" access.

But when Im not logged in I see a short list of 6 users that have no real significance at all strange? and I can view there profiles not logged in
I should see all members or none. see attached.

If the viewing user can't access the displayed users profile it will remove them from the list. That is normal behavior. Any fields the viewing user can't access will also display as empty. Review your configuration carefully as the defaults for all of CB Privacy have always been Public.

I want the users profile PUBLIC by default and user can change the privacy in edit profile.

That should already be the case with CB Privacy and its Profile Privacy field unless you changed its default under Parameters > Display. If "Default" is set to "Same as Global" try changing it to "Public" as your global value maybe set to "Private".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn