CB Content dynamic menu missing menu item label

5 years 6 months ago #307481 by kdave321
I just upgraded the CB Pro Add-ons ( after 1 1/2 years) and the dynamic menu I get with CB Content tab=17 has changed.

I am not sure what notifications it is expecting ( I tried a couple ), but regardless, there's now a blank line with the globe icon shoved to the right. Clicking on the globe it says "No notifications to display."

If indeed there are no notifications, don't display the menu item... If it is mistakenly missing notifications, how to fix?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #307502 by krileon
It's the notifications functionality of CB Activity. Works like any other social network and is available regardless of having notifications or not. You can disable it in CB Activity > Parameters > Global if you don't want it. If you do want it then ensure CB Auto Actions is installed and review the available System Actions to start having notifications logged.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307509 by kdave321
OK. Disable in CB Activity>Parameters>General>Notifications worked.

But I was hoping someday for a personal user feed from CB Activity that just shows posts of those he is following - like Facebook. Is that possible now? And is that was notifications are for?

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #307516 by krileon
Their Activity tab on their profile will already show posts they follow. It shows your posts, your connections posts, and posts of anything you're following (you can output follow buttons with the module, Joomla bot, and follow fields). If you only want it to show posts of things you're following then adjust the Asset parameter for the Activity tab (read the description of this parameter extremely carefully).

And is that was notifications are for?

It's for displaying notifications (e.g. you've a pending connection request). It does nothing initially unless you've configured System Actions in CB Auto Actions to log notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #307521 by kdave321
Yes, I misspoke ( FB speak). I meant I want to see only posts of Connected, altho I can see Following would be useful addition. And I don't want to see all their other activity either. I haven't found the option or a doc that explains how to restrict that.

So the CB Activity tab on the profile works. However I tried creating a menu item "Activity" that calls CB plugin CB Activity. It generates the URL -
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=recentactivity

I get a 500 Server Error and the log says -
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method CB\\Plugin\\Activity\\CBActivity::loadStreamDefaults() in /usr/local/Joomla/modules/mod_cbactivity/mod_cbactivity.php on line 39

Maybe it's old?
# ll /usr/local/Joomla/modules/mod_cbactivity/mod_cbactivity.php
-rw-r--r--. 1 apache apache 1365 Jan 4 2016 /usr/local/Joomla/modules/mod_cbactivity/mod_cbactivity.php

5 years 6 months ago #307532 by krileon

Yes, I misspoke ( FB speak). I meant I want to see only posts of Connected, altho I can see Following would be useful addition. And I don't want to see all their other activity either. I haven't found the option or a doc that explains how to restrict that.

What is displayed is entirely controlled by the Asset parameter of a stream. If you only want users Activity tab to show activity of their connections then you'll need to adjust the Asset parameter of the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management as needed. Please read the Asset parameter description carefully as it explains the available usages.

So the CB Activity tab on the profile works. However I tried creating a menu item "Activity" that calls CB plugin CB Activity. It generates the URL -
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=recentactivity

That's the Recent Activity page. That shows everyones activity across the site that the viewing user has access to. Set it to My Activity in your Joomla menu parameters if you want it to behave just like the Activity tab on their profile.

I get a 500 Server Error and the log says -
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method CB\\Plugin\\Activity\\CBActivity::loadStreamDefaults() in /usr/local/Joomla/modules/mod_cbactivity/mod_cbactivity.php on line 39

The module is out of date. Please be sure you've updated all of CB Activity and not just the CB plugin. It includes a CB plugin, Joomla plugin, and Joomla module.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn