Export and Import Users

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #307992 by fede312
Export and Import Users was created by fede312
I have two different Joomla Installations one for English and one for Spanish:

English: mysite.com
Spanish: mysite.com/sp

I have a member that subscribed by mistake to the "English Site." and asked for his membership to be transferred to the "Spanish Site."

I've used J2XML to transfer the user from the English to the Spanish Site. It imported his user data and permissions. Then I "Synchronized Users" from the tools menu and I manually activated his subscription from the CB user management. Everything works fine.

The question is about his automatic payments with Stripe.

Next month when the subscriptions renew automatically. Will the system update his permissions correctly?
If so, can I delete the use from the English site?

Or should I cancel his subscription from the English site before deleting the user and ask him to renew it in the Spanish Site next month when it expires?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #307997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Export and Import Users

Next month when the subscriptions renew automatically. Will the system update his permissions correctly?

No, the subscription at Stripe is not attached to your English site. You'll need to cancel it at Stripe so he want renew on the correct site.

Or should I cancel his subscription from the English site before deleting the user and ask him to renew it in the Spanish Site next month when it expires?

Yup, they'll need to renew on the correct stie.

Joomla supports multilingual sites. Is there a specific reason you're using 2 separate sites?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

5 years 5 months ago #308006 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Export and Import Users
Thank you for letting me know. I suspected as much.
The content is so extensive that I found it much easier to control by having separate databases. Easier to manage and to work the SEO. Also every time there is an issue with an extension or during an update for any reason, at least I have one site with half the students running fine. So far I didn't have any problems, this is the first time that this happened.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn