Other PMS for CB

5 years 6 months ago #308009 by chanteur94
Other PMS for CB was created by chanteur94
Hi

I would like to know if there is a PMS (with or without) email other than UddeIm whith CB Integration

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308014 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Other PMS for CB

chanteur94 wrote: Hi

I would like to know if there is a PMS (with or without) email other than UddeIm whith CB Integration

Thank you.

Kyle has been working on a new CB feature (check out his blog) that will have private messaging built in with next CB release.

It is currently in code review status.

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308123 by WChP
Replied by WChP on topic Other PMS for CB
Does it allow e-mail notification ( contains the message or not ? ) of receiving message like Uddeim does ?

thx
Darek

5 years 5 months ago #308143 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Other PMS for CB

Does it allow e-mail notification ( contains the message or not ? ) of receiving message like Uddeim does ?

Yes, email notifications can be forced on/off for everyone or you can set it to be dependent on a field value. So you'd create a field (e.g. checkbox with yes/no display mode) then set the parameter to be based off that so users can individually toggle on/off notifications. Message is not included in the notification by default, but there is a parameter to toggle it on so it is included. This can be configured within the Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308747 by LexxDJ
Replied by LexxDJ on topic Other PMS for CB
I use CB PMS.
1. It is necessary for every user by default have received notification about a new message in your email.
2. Also, it is desirable that the user has the ability to disable e-mail alerts in your profile.
Please write instructions on how to configure these features.

You write:
"Message is not included in the notification by default, but there is a parameter to toggle it on so it is included. This can be configured within the Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management."

- in the plugin " Private Message System "I chose the value" Notify -> Yes (All Messages)", but notifications do not come to the mail.
Need more customization?
Screenshot 1.

You write:
"Yes, email notifications can be forced on/off for everyone or you can set it to be dependent on a field value.
So you'd create a field (e.g. checkbox with yes/no display mode) then set the parameter to be based off that so users can individually toggle on/off notifications."

- In order for the user to be able to disable email alerts in their profile, I created the "cb_newmessage" field and published it in the "additional information"tab.
But the select button does not work, because I do not know what values should be written in the fields.
Screenshot 2.
Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #308764 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Other PMS for CB

1. It is necessary for every user by default have received notification about a new message in your email.

Then your field needs to be set to display on registration and its registration default value set or you need to use CB Auto Actions and its Field action with the after user registration trigger to force the fields value to default to enabled.

2. Also, it is desirable that the user has the ability to disable e-mail alerts in your profile.

Create a checkbox field then set within PMS > Parameters > Internal > Notification for it to be based off that field. If the field is checked (value of 1) then they'll received notifications otherwise they won't. Please read the description of the parameters carefully in PMS > Parameters > Internal > Notification as this is already explained there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds