cb substitution in an external php file

5 years 5 months ago #308370 by chanteur94
cb substitution in an external php file was created by chanteur94
Hi

Is it possible to use cb substitution in an external php file ?

TX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308387 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb substitution in an external php file
Not unless that PHP file loads Joomla, loads CB, then runs whatever string that needs substitutions through substitution API. You could try using CB Auto Actions and its Code action with Method set to PHP instead of using an external file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308427 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic cb substitution in an external php file
"You could try using CB Auto Actions and its Code action with Method set to PHP instead of using an external file."

Witch trigger can I use if I want to use that code from a button or a menu ?

5 years 5 months ago #308438 by krileon
For auto actions used for direct execution simply leave Triggers as None.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308467 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic cb substitution in an external php file
??

I don't want direct execution. I would like execution on click on a button/menu

TX

5 years 5 months ago #308470 by krileon
That's what direct execution of an auto action is. Basically executing an auto action without a trigger. Set Triggers to None then create a Joomla menu item with menu type Community Builder > Plugin and for Plugin select CB Auto Actions. Next leave Function as Internal Action and set Actions to the ID of your auto action. This will cause your menu item to directly execute that auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: chanteur94

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn