New PM

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308426 by chanteur94
New PM was created by chanteur94
Hi

1-what about translation in french for 'New Message', 'Send message'
I find the string in message_edit.php but I cant use override
And what about translation of error message like 'Message failed to send"...

2-I can send message but I dont find where the user receive the notification and can read it.

3-I can see in the backend PMS Plugin/Message all the messages but Connection message are Green and PM message are Red

4-PM display my 'group connection' but I can send email to users who are not in this group.

TX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308437 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New PM

1-what about translation in french for 'New Message', 'Send message'
I find the string in message_edit.php but I cant use override
And what about translation of error message like 'Message failed to send"...

You should have no issues finding and overriding those using language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Believe the transifex projects have already been updated with latest language files though. If not they should be when we prepare CB 2.3.

2-I can send message but I dont find where the user receive the notification and can read it.

New PM notification is same as UddeIM. You should see that you've a new PM in your login module if enable or in your CB Workflows module if enabled. This is in addition to the new notification shown on their profile at the top on the CB Menu bar.

3-I can see in the backend PMS Plugin/Message all the messages but Connection message are Green and PM message are Red

Do you mean for the System column? That's normal. It just notes which messages were sent from the system or not.

4-PM display my 'group connection' but I can send email to users who are not in this group.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308469 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic New PM
1- For the moment no translation. Hope it will be soon.

2-Ok but i don't have icon notification like in cb_activity notification

3-Ok

4-Here is a capture with an 'icon user_group' ..When i clic on this icon, there is the list of users that I have connections and users I write a message.
So, how it's possible that users can only write to users connected.

Tx
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #308471 by krileon

2-Ok but i don't have icon notification like in cb_activity notification

This is a brand new feature. CB Auto Actions has not system actions for logging notifications right now. It will in a later CB Auto Actions releases. So for now you will not have a CB Activity notification when you get a new PM. You don't particularly need one though as there's message icon on the CB Menu bar that should be right next to the CB Activity notification icon to indicate you've new PMs (it also lets you check your inbox on click).

4-Here is a capture with an 'icon user_group' ..When i clic on this icon, there is the list of users that I have connections and users I write a message.
So, how it's possible that users can only write to users connected.

There's no functionality at this time to limit PMs to connections only. We've the following feature ticket to implement create access parameters in a later release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7337

The dropdown is just a quick message feature. Clicking someone will quickly add them to the To field so you don't have to remember all your connections usernames. This does not limit who you can message.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308479 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic New PM
"You don't particularly need one though as there's message icon on the CB Menu bar that should be right next to the CB Activity notification icon to indicate you've new PMs (it also lets you check your inbox on click)."

I don't see this icon on the cb menu.

5 years 4 months ago #308494 by krileon
Ensure you've the latest CB build installed and that Private Message System in CB > Plugin Management is published and public. That should be all you need to do. The defaults are set for the PMS to work out of the box. The icon looks like the below.

The only reason for it to not display is if it was intentionally disabled within Private Message System > Parameters > Internal > Display > Messages by setting "Profile Icon" to "Disable".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds