Uninstall UddeIM = Havoc and destruction for latest CB...

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308483 by mikerotec
I was doing a little cleanup, prepping for transition to the new CB PM system and I uninstalled the UddeIM plugins / extension - and suddenly - now I get this whitescreen error any time I try to open CB plugins menu

(example: http://[redacted]/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=showPlugins )

pms.uddeim: UddeIM main component not installed.

Same error upon using ANY CB or CBSubs menu item in the backend! ( all other extensions can be accessed normally...)

(Not sure what went awry there, no errors were reported on the UddeIM uninstalls...)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308486 by mikerotec
BTW, I just tried uddeIM uninstall on another (3.8.13) dev machine, and this was successful with no ill effects.
(the 'crash and burn' version was a J3.9 installation...)

The procedure that WORKED was when I did it in this order:
  1. Unpublish and trash the udde MODULES
  2. Unpublish and delete the 4 udde CB TABS…
    “ERROR” plugin tabs cannot be deleted! (oops)
  3. OK… delete the 4 udde CB PLUGINS…
    (now the tabs have auto-deleted…)
  4. Finally, disable then delete the (five) udde EXTENSIONS…

I guess maybe I did it in the wrong order last time, and that got something "stuck"?

5 years 4 months ago #308495 by krileon
Sounds like you uninstalled UddeIM without uninstalling its CB plugin. We can't do anything about that as that's UddeIMs CB plugin and not ours. Private Message System does integrate with UddeIM, but only does so if UddeIM exists otherwise it completely ignores all UddeIM functionality.

To uninstall UddeIM completely I assume you need to uninstall its components first. So any CB plugins, Joomla plugins, or Joomla modules related to UddeIM must first be uninstalled then finally uninstalling UddeIM component. As far as I'm aware this has always been the uninstall process for UddeIM, but you may want to let the developer know below as the CB plugins should be non-blocking and simply do nothing if the component doesn't exist.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Please note we only host the UddeIM support forums. We are not its developers. If you have any further UddeIM issues please post them to the above forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn