[SOLVED] Private Message link to profile unwanted

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308523 by autobahn
With your help I have been able to give my users the ability to send a CB Private Message to another user via a menu item, and prevent them from seeing the recipient's profile.

However, when the recipient logs in and looks at his/her messages, the sender's (formatted) name links to their profile, which we don't want. Is there a way I can disable this link? Some setting which is similar to the one in User Lists where you can choose not to link to User Profiles?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Message link to profile unwanted

However, when the recipient logs in and looks at his/her messages, the sender's (formatted) name links to their profile, which we don't want. Is there a way I can disable this link? Some setting which is similar to the one in User Lists where you can choose not to link to User Profiles?

That's the userlist display of the formatname field. It's used in a lot of our plugins and locations. So the best way to probably get rid of its linking is to just override its userlist output entirely. To do this edit the formatname field within CB > Field Management then under Parameters > Layouts adjust "Userlist Value Layout" as needed to output whatever you like. For example if you want it to be their username set it to [username] and if you want it to be their name set it to [name].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308551 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Private Message link to profile unwanted
Perfect solution, just perfect! I have CB Private Messaging working exactly as I want it to (at least on my test system!).

Many thanks :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn