[#7346] GroupJive Category Meta

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308526 by victoriakim
[#7346] GroupJive Category Meta was created by victoriakim
Hello,

A few months ago, I issued a topic here and got the answer about displaying meta title and meta description for GJ categories using auto action. This auto action has worked fine until now. I just found that meta title auto action doesn't work anymore, yet meta description still works fine.

1. I recently updated updated the CB plugin to 2.2.1+build.2018.11.01.17.21.41.e3e5bf527.

2. I recently added a menu and its menu items that display GJ categories.

Any possibility that one of these caused the auto action change?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Category Meta
Don't set any meta data in your menu item if you want to be able to control this from your auto action since our setMenuMeta function is called after the gj_onAfterDisplayCategory trigger and will set page title, meta description, keywords, and robots values from your menu settings which may override whatever you're adding in your auto action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308558 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GroupJive Category Meta
I didn't put any meta page titles, nor meta descriptions in any menu items that display all GJ categories or individual GJ category. I don't have any sef plugin on the site either.

Strange part is, auto action meta descriptions still work on every pages, but auto action meta titles disappeared all. Currently the meta titles look like: MySite - Menu Item Title.

5 years 5 months ago #308574 by krileon
You're using the site name prefix parameter in Joomla which forces the menu item title so it can prefix. That'll result in your meta data being overridden; at least for page title. Will review moving the metadata function call to be before the trigger to allow your usage to override the menu in next GJ release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7346

You shouldn't need to do anything with your auto actions and will simply work again once the meta output is moved. This should be implemented this or next week as we've just released CB 2.3 and can now prepare GJ release and will put this feature in that release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

5 years 3 months ago #309595 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GroupJive Category Meta
The plugins in the site are updated but the auto actions for meta page titles don't seem to work yet.

5 years 3 months ago #309598 by krileon
Ensure GJ is completely up to date. The Joomla metadata was moved to be before the after display triggers. So gj_onAfterDisplayCategory and gj_onAfterDisplayGroup can be used for example to change page title, add metadata, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: victoriakim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn