do not create user with the same firstname lastname

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #308635 by Five_phil
Hello,
I have several users who register with the same firstname lastname. The identifier is different with each registration.

How to prevent this?

a start of answer here

thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #308646 by krileon
You can't prevent users from trying to register with the same name. Name isn't unique. Username and Email Address are however unique. If you set username to not display on registration and you've set the Username Fallback to Name then you'll run into issues as it won't force the username unique. Username Fallback should be Email Address or a custom field like a query or code field where you can add custom generation of username as at this time it won't add anything unique to the username when a duplicate is found.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 4 months ago #308657 by Five_phil
Ok thank you for your answer.

bye

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn