CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration

5 years 5 months ago #308636 by trlbldr
CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration was created by trlbldr
Yes, the loop issue is resolved; thank you!

However, when all Joomla 2.9 Privacy plugins are activated, there seems to be an integration issue with the CB Login module:

Acting on information supplied before J 2.9 was issued, I created a Privacy Consent field:

However, the J 2.9 version does not apparently recognize this and no consent item is found in the CB Login module. So, what is to be done?

Thank you!

Cheers.

Don White
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308644 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration

However, the J 2.9 version does not apparently recognize this and no consent item is found in the CB Login module. So, what is to be done?

Consent doesn't get asked in the login module. Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do. If Joomla doesn't have consent it will redirect after login to get it.

We currently don't integrate with the new privacy component beyond not breaking. Integration with the privacy component is coming in CB 2.4 as well as the nightlies before it. In addition to that I'll be improving our Terms and Conditions fields to track consent timestamp, allow forcing re-consent, and have consent time limit so you will not need to use Joomlas privacy policy extension and will be able to obtain consent from profile edit (we can't override Joomlas functionality in this regard).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308649 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration
Oops; silly me! I thought - mistakenly - that CB 2.3 was issued to comply with the European GDTR. Instead, it just un-breaks the bad loop issue.

I suspect that one problematic area lies with the recommendation/requirement to set CB to override the Joomla User manager because the Privacy Suite in J2.9 is configured, of course, to rely upon the User Manager.

oops

If a website owner or manager is concerned about compliance with the GDTR, then recorded and measured consent is required. That doesn't work with CB 2.3. Okay. If I'm asked why our website doesn't comply, I'll respond that there is no technical way to comply without ripping the guts out of our 1500 user account management.

Cheers.

Don White

5 years 5 months ago #308651 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration
You can comply by simply using Joomlas privacy plugin. On login they'll be asked to provide consent (on Joomlas profile edit page) and that will get recorded in Joomla perfectly fine. CB 2.3 fixes the compatibility with that functionality. CB 2.4 will more deeply integrate with the privacy component features Joomla now provides, but we'll also be improving our existing features so you may not even need to use Joomlas in CB 2.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308658 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic CB 2.3 Joomla 2.9 Privacy integration
Okay. I turned on the J2.9 privacy plugin, but there is no capability for a user who signs up for an account using CB 2.3 to indicate his or her consent. That is indicated in the first image I attached of the Privacy Status on the Privacy Dashboard. If I publish a non-CB link using the J2.9 Privacy Suite for consent confirmation, that is done separately from the user signup controlled by CB and is very confusing to those who signup.

The work-around is to disable the J2.9 Privacy plugins, which is what I've done.

Thanks for your explanation; I am looking forward to CB 2.4. We can close this item now.

Cheers.

Don White

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.587 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn