I am still confused with CB Privacy Rule, need specific instructions

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309104 by shih
>>Can Mark even see the Activity tab on Jerry's profile? If not did you set privacy on the entire Activity tab? If so try removing that.

OK, Mark can access the Activity tab on Jerry's profile and Mark finally saw Jerry's post which is open to their shared "Connection Type". However, the process is different from what I thought. I thought when Jerry chooses "Connection Type" where he has Mark in that type, Jerry's post will automatically appear on Mark's own Activity Wall. And Mark can interact with Jerry from Mark's own Activity Wall. However, what I am seeing is Mark needs to go to Jerry's Profile→Activity, and see Jerry's posts. So I have few questions following:

1. Is this all CB Activity about? When userA connected to UserB, UserA just has a access to view UserB's post on UserB's own Activity Wall, instead of being able to interacting with UserB from UserA's own Activity Wall?

2.If I have made my need understood, do you know any of your add-ons can match my need? Or maybe some extra works with your flexible Add-on (ex, Auto Action, Code Field...) can I achieve this goal?

3. Can each post have any clue indicating to which "Connection Type" his previous post is open to ? (ex, A message attache with the post like [ You shared this post with certain "Connection Type"] )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309114 by krileon
Mark should see Jerry's post on this Activity tab when viewing his own profile. This assumes that both users are connected to one another. If you're not using cross connections and the connection is 1 way from Jerry to Mark then Mark isn't connected to Jerry. Ensure cross connections is enabled within CB > Configuration > Connections and verify that Mark is also connected to Jerry in their connections management.

By default CB Activity displays a users connections activity when viewing their own profile. You can see this working fine on our demosite below by logging in as User and navigating to their profile.

demo.cbdemosites.com/index.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309182 by shih
OK I just got Cross Connection enabled. Before the Cross Connection wasn't enabled. However, do you mean if I use "Cross Connection", after UserA requests connection to UserB, and UserB accepted. The connection will automatically become two-way and they can start to see each other on their own Activity Wall respectively? So UserB doesn't have to request connection to UserA?

I actually need a function like that. Once UserB accept UserA's connection request, they can become two-way connected. Posing connection requests from both sides seems a bit redundant for me.

5 years 3 months ago #309194 by krileon

The connection will automatically become two-way and they can start to see each other on their own Activity Wall respectively? So UserB doesn't have to request connection to UserA?

Correct.

Note changing that setting won't impact existing connections so you'll still need to have Mark connect to Jerry if you want Mark to see Jerry's posts.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn