User registration not working anymore - "Failed to parse time string"

5 years 3 months ago #309846 by Se7eN
L.S.,

I just ran into a problem with Community Builder. I was unable to reach our webmaster (he is in another timezone), but I suspect he patched Community Builder to the latest version 2.4.0.

Now, when trying to register users are getting the following error:
0 - DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (True) at position 0 (T): The timezone could not be found in the database

Can you advise?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards
Erwin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309858 by krileon
Seams similar to the below topic. Suggest trying some of the debug steps there.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/240305-no-access-to-registration-page-following-update#309539

That's typically caused by either a malformed string being passed to the DateTime class or PHP timezone database is out of date or missing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309865 by Se7eN
Hi

We did not update anything on PHP nor on the database. We did patch CB yesterday though, and since then we are experiencing this issue.

I will follow the suggestion you have linked, and will come back to you then

5 years 3 months ago #309866 by Se7eN
Hello,

Our PHP version is 7.1.26, and the timezone database is "Olson" Timezone Database Version 2018.7
It doesn't seem like these should be out of date, or am I missing something?

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309869 by krileon
What CB version did you update from? The only recent improvement to date usage in CB was to the dropdown usage for date fields to allow changing the year dropdown to be ascended or descended. There was no other changes to date usage. Based off the error it looks like a boolean of True is being passed to PHP DateTime. Are you using CB Auto Actions? If so try unpublishing it as maybe there's a bad usage somewhere (e.g. incorrect usage of a format function).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309871 by Se7eN
Hello Krileon,
We try to stay up to date, so we patched from the previous to the latest version, I believe.
Also, we do not have any auto action items on the site.

Note that this error occurs immediately when we try to open the registration screen....

Any other thoughts?

PS: I checked in the error logs on cpanel, but there is nothing there either....

ADDITION/EDIT:
We have restored our entire site to a test server. we had the same issue there. then we copied the previous version of CB over the 2.4 version, and everything is working again.
It seems something in the latest patch is causing our issue.
Any ideas?

Thank you
Erwin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn