[SOLVED] Write comment on wall posts from members from all groups

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309900 by Astrid
I've created a menu item cb plugin - cb activity and it shows activity. But members see only the possibility to write a comment for posts from their own group. Is it possible to allow write comment to members from all groups?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309907 by krileon
By all groups do you mean groupjive groups or usergroups? It's not possible to comment on activity they don't have post rights to. Typically for GJ activity it means they need to be a member of that group to comment. For profile activity they need to be connected to the user (unless this check has been disabled).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309910 by Astrid
I mean Groupjive groups indeed.
What if I create one group with all members from all groups? Will that work?

5 years 3 months ago #309914 by krileon
To be able to comment on other groups activity? No, they can only comment on group activity that they are a member of. If they want to participate in that groups activity they need to join it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Astrid

5 years 2 months ago #310063 by Astrid
Thx. It works with connections and that's ok for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn