[SOLVED] Mailer not working reliably

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309959 by petekuhn
[SOLVED] Mailer not working reliably was created by petekuhn
Joomla 3.9.2
MySQL 5.6.40
PHP 5.6.40
CB 2.4.0
CBSubs 4.3.0 latest

We noticed a significant drop in membership the last 3 months or so. We use the mailer function to send out a renewal reminder a week before membership expiry and we send out an expiry mail.

It seems that a large number of expiries are not getting the renewal reminder. I correlated the table #__cbsubs_mailer_sentmails with #__cbsubs_subscriptions for expired subscriptions (status X) in the month of December 2018. Of expired 199 expired subscriptions, only 126 emails were sent (matching on user_id). It went across plans, that is, it wasn't that some plans were sending reminders and others weren't.

I also set up a test case of a new subscription which I adjusted to expire in 10 days, and the 1-week email was never sent (not in the log), although others a day before and a day after were.

I am also wondering whether the emails on expiry are being sent, but I haven't found a way to check that, as it doesn't seem to go through the mailer function. Error logs show nothing of interest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #309992 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer not working reliably
You'll need to provide your mailer configuration. If you configured it to send once per customer then the mailer will never send to the same user again in that case. A mail to be sent won't be logged if the person parsed through it doesn't qualify for any mailers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310035 by petekuhn
Replied by petekuhn on topic Mailer not working reliably
Mailer config is attached.

The vast majority of missing emails are for the first membership expiring, so earlier emails would not have been sent.

How will a member not qualify for any mailers?
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310040 by petekuhn
Here's the config for the specific mailer.
Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310041 by petekuhn
Some of our problem is due to specifying 1 email per user.

However, I have found many users with a single subscription who were never sent an email 1 week prior to expiry.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mailer not working reliably

However, I have found many users with a single subscription who were never sent an email 1 week prior to expiry.

You have "do not send message if it's later than" set to "4 days before". So you've a 3 day window starting 7 days before they expire that they can qualify for the email. If you don't run the mailer queue every single day it's very possible users just didn't qualify based off the mailer configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn