[#7433] Private Messages not being sent / regsistered

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309967 by gjschaller
I recently moved from UddeIM to the integrated mypms / CB PM system on my site. Everything seemed to go fine - no errors, migration was clean, all old messages came over fine, etc.

When I sent a test message from my main account to my test account, the message did not go through. I sent a message in reverse (test to main), and the same issue persisted. Both times, I got a banner above the message window saying it was sent, but nothing went through.

When I checked the back end, the messages did not appear in the overall list of messages... the most recent message is one imported from uddeIM, which happens to be mine, sent before the migration.

Any idea what is causing this? No errors come up, but it's disconcerting that the messages are not going through.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309968 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Private Messages not being sent / regsistered
I am noticing that when I send a message to an address that does not exist, it still says it sends successfully.

Similarly, if I send a message directly from someone's profile (As opposed to typing their name in by hand), the same issue occurs - it says it goes through, but does not.

Could this be related?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 2 months ago #309969 by gjschaller
System messages are working fine. Requests to join GJ groups generate messages normally.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #309972 by gjschaller
Possible additional clue: I cannot switch to Sent view. When I try to do so, it just reverts back to Received.

Messages generated from within the Admin area do go through, and show up in the recipient's mailbox.

I can replicate the behavior in a test environment, and can give access if needed.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

5 years 2 months ago #310004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Private Messages not being sent / regsistered
I'm having no issues sending or receiving PMs in my tests. Also works fine on our demo site. Switching between Sent and Received is also working fine. Please ensure you've the latest build installed as there were a few SEF routing bugs found that have since been fixed in a build release. PMs sent to users that don't exist should error with "User does not exist.".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310037 by gjschaller
I'll verify the version information tonight, but I updated from Joomla's Extension Manager, so it should be current...

Is it possible this is a Menu issue? Do I need to configure something specific as far as the menu items go, to link to the PM system?

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn