New import feature in cb2.4

5 years 2 months ago #309981 by jojo12
New import feature in cb2.4 was created by jojo12
Only a question:
Does this new feature replace CBJUICE2? That means there is no more need of this old extension?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #309995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New import feature in cb2.4
I've never used CB Juice so I can't say. Try the new import feature and see if it provides similar/same functionality and if it's a sufficient replacement for you then yes you won't need CB Juice anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310007 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic New import feature in cb2.4
Thanks.
I exported a user in a csv file and tried to import it with a changed username. no error notice, but nothing imported. When will come a tutorial how to do it? Perhaps it's a question to @Nant

5 years 2 months ago #310020 by krileon
It will error if the import fails. Ensure you've the latest build installed. The error output was improved significantly in fact. You of course can't have duplicate usernames or email addresses as those are required to be unique for Joomla. You can adjust how existing rows are handled on import with the dropdown below the import area. By default it will always attempt to create a new user. If you want it to edit existing users then adjust the dropdown before importing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310025 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic New import feature in cb2.4
I exported 1 user in a csv file. I changed username and emailaddress (to unused). I tried to import with the first option (allways create new entries).
No error notice. No new user! I have the latest cb installed.
d (Version: 2.4.0+build.2019.01.17.17.05.56.3f4aeb741)

5 years 2 months ago #310032 by krileon
That exact process works perfectly fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

My best guess is you've something configured breaking the user store. Backend profile update and user create triggers are still fired for imports so a CB Auto Action for example could interrupt it if incorrectly setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn