Problem with redirection upon not acceptance of terms and conditions

5 years 2 months ago #310076 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
There is a bug/missing feature in the new terms and conditions redirect feature of community builder system plugin. The thing is that it only accepts full URLs (so "munich.international-friends.net/terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db:" instead of the easier to use "/terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db:")
It is extremely annoying/unusable in my case as I have a lot of different sites and they all have a multi-site environment.

I have tried every which way, it always wants to have the domain name in the link as well. Or can I use substitutions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310080 by krileon
Don't use relative SEF URLs. That's not a lack of feature, but a wrong way to supply URL parameters. Use non-SEF beginning with index.php for all parameter asking for URLs. Latest CB build release will pass the URL through SEF (substitutions are also supported now).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310081 by timstohr
Non-SEF URL produce the same stuff. You still need to append the domain name (ie they are absolute links instead of relative links).

5 years 2 months ago #310087 by timstohr
Hi,
I tried /index.php?option=com_multisitescontent&view=article&site_id=:master_db:&id=271&Itemid=2286,
I tried /terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db: ,
I tried [cb:config param="live_site" /]/index.php?option=com_multisitescontent&view=article&site_id=:master_db:&id=271&Itemid=2286 ,
I tried [cb:config param="live_site" /]/terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db: ,
I tried [cb:config param="live_site" /]index.php?option=com_multisitescontent&view=article&site_id=:master_db:&id=271&Itemid=2286
I tried [cb:config param="live_site" /]terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db:

None of the above works.

The only one that worked was munich.international-friends.net/terms-menu/statement-of-rights?site_id=:master_db:

It would be much much better if one of the first two I tried would have worked.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310093 by krileon
Do not add a leading slash. Begin with index.php directly. It will be ran through Joomlas SEF function and come out correctly based off of that. It will not do that if you add a leading slash. All of our URL parameters expect the URL to begin with index.php and be non-SEF in order to be processed by SEF correctly. All other URLs just output as is without being touched.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310094 by timstohr
OK now it seems to work. I am doing final checks but "index.php?option=com_multisitescontent&view=article&site_id=:master_db:&id=271&Itemid=2286" seems to work now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn