User profile field links - created in language overrides

5 years 2 months ago #310700 by mz
Hi,

By using the overrides function in the language plugins I have created links on some of the fields in the CB profiles. In other words I am using the field title as a link to a joomla menu. I do this in one or two ways, either in new window option:

<a target="_blank" href="https://address">Address name

or in popup using modals plugin:

{modal url="https://address"}Address name:{/modal}

The links functions ok, but mostly I need to login in again even if I am already logged in as Registered user. All menus have access for only Registered users.

Is it possible to make a setting to avoid the cb login request?

Thanks.

Br.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310709 by krileon
It's probably a login cookie issue. Your link is HTTPS. If you're browsing the site on HTTP then you'll be asked to login again when you navigate to the HTTPS URL, because your login cookie is valid only for HTTP. You should not mix HTTP and HTTPS. Use one or the other.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310715 by mz
Hi again,

Hmm, this does not seem to be the issue. I use https for all the site and in the overrides.

When changing to http in the overrides -> just dosen´t find the page. Works ok in on phone and not in another. Same for laptops.??

In the situation where it does not work (asks for login), seems that the menu "pops up" together with the page content in popup modal.
Where it "works" it gives a message in the pop up modal window first time I use a link after logging into the site -> message: plaese log in first! I can close that message and after that first message the links works perfect.

Br, mz

5 years 2 months ago #310716 by krileon
I can't help you regarding your modal popup as CB isn't doing the modal popup. Whatever 3rd party extension you're doing that seams to be causing your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310717 by mz
Hi again,

So please ignore the modal popup. Issue is the same when using direct link to a menu page, override like here below:

<a target="_blank" href="https://address">Address name

Still asks for login as pressing the link?

Br. mz

5 years 2 months ago #310719 by krileon
CB has no control over that. Your URL must not be matching the current domain you're on one way or another resulting in the login cookie, which is managed by Joomla, not being detected. CB has no control over either of those issues (the URL nor the login cookie).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn