Increase profile page thumbnail image

5 years 2 months ago #310754 by huntrdog
Increase profile page thumbnail image was created by huntrdog
Hello,

I would like to increase the size of the smaller (main) profile image that appears on profile pages. Would you please let me know how to accomplish this without increasing the thumbnail size on the profile list pages?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310757 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Increase profile page thumbnail image
Profile view doesn't display the thumbnail, but displays the full image. It can do so up to a maximum of 25% of the available space in the canvas header; this can't be changed without extensive CSS work. If the available space is the issue then you've the component view of your site too small.

Within CB > Configuration > Images ensure your upload sizes are set appropriately. Be sure to also check the sizes of the avatar field it self in CB > Field Management. Note changing the sizes at either locations has no impact on already uploaded images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310760 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic Increase profile page thumbnail image
Thank you for the reply. The issue is that the avatar images on the profile pages, when viewed on mobile, are too small to see. I've been able to increase the avatar size using css:

div#cbfv_29 { width: 300px !important;}

On a desktop computer, it works using firebug in mobile view (see attachment). When viewed on an actual mobile device, however, it remains tiny (see second attachment).

Any ideas?

Attachments:

5 years 2 months ago #310771 by krileon
It doesn't look like you're using the canvas layout completely so you're better off just moving the tab the avatar is on to a different tab position instead of using the canvas positions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 months ago #310778 by huntrdog
Replied by huntrdog on topic Increase profile page thumbnail image
Thank you for the suggestion. I created a new tab, in the "Canvas Main Middle" position and published it. Then moved the avatar into that tab, however, no image is being displayed.

Can you please advise me what I did incorrectly, and also, if you have a better suggestion as to where to publish the new tab so that the avatar is larger when viewing on a mobile device?

Thank you for your assistance!

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #310794 by krileon
Do not use the canvas positions if you are not going to use the canvas layout. All positions prefixed with "Canvas" are part of the canvas layout. The canvas layout displays avatars perfectly fine on mobile. You can check this for your self on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

They can not get any larger if you are using the canvas layout. That is how it is designed. You would need to completely override its CSS to give the avatar more room as its container has limited space.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: huntrdog

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn