Transplant heavily configured C Builder into a new joomla instalation

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #310955 by matthewdavey
Is it possible to Transplant a heavily configured C Builder that would take weeks even months to re configure it has 77 tabs, 195 fields into a new joomla installation.
I have a new joomla website with community builder installed same version as the heavily configured CBuilder joomla site.
Can I compress or copy transplant plugins, tabs, fields to new joomla site? And copy php my admin data?
Is this possible?
If so could you explain the procedure please this would be a great help?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #310967 by krileon
Ensure both sites have latest CB and the same CB plugins installed as well as up to date. Next just directly export the _comprofiler database tables and import them to your new site. That should work fine for moving your entire CB database over. If you've image fields, file fields, or something like CB Gallery you'll need to be sure you also move over the /images/comprofiler folder to your new install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 weeks ago #311034 by matthewdavey
Thanks
Is it possible to compress the plugins and all the comprofiler files in either ftp or cpanel and place them in the new website ? or do I have to manually inject - upload import the plugins as each one can be configured ???
Thanks

5 years 3 weeks ago #311046 by krileon
There's no specific guide for how to move data. Move it however best fits your needs and is easiest for you. It's often best to start with a clean filesystem and install whatever you're planning on using again then just overriding the database structure with your previous data, but this requires the old and the new to be up to date so the data structure matches. Just copying the folder structure over means the data structure won't exist at all for Joomla so you'll have to be concerned with _extensions table, etc.. to ensure Joomla knows CB exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #311076 by matthewdavey
I compressed and transplanted the com_comprofiler file over to the new website unzipped it and copied the data table over and changed its name in phpmyadmin and when I select Community Builder: User Management I get a page display is wrong they are both updated CBuilder installations on same joomla 3.9.2 see attached the result

The new table shows in phpmyadmin but not on website?

I dont have to change administrator com_comprofiler as well do I? I did and it didnt display the page at all.
Thanks
Attachments:

5 years 2 weeks ago #311081 by Astrid
You should transfer your Joomla user tables as well.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn