Upload new plugin - error
No URL selected
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

Which URL?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #316737 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating plugins
You get that when you do what exactly? Click the Update All button? Recommend updating manually from our downloads page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 2 months ago #316738 by carin
Replied by carin on topic Updating plugins
Yes. When I Click the Update All button.

Updating manually from your downloads page is not an option, I have things to get done. Cant spend time downloading 83 plugins.

CB 2.0

4 years 2 months ago #316750 by krileon
You don't need to spend a bunch of time downloading 83 plugins. Select what you need, download them, update, then in the future just use the download history to redownload them with 1 click except it always downloads latest builds. Download history can be found on the menu to the right on the downloads page or directly below. You can even rename your history and give them a description to better keep track of it.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/download-history

Something on your site or server is breaking the Install from Web. There's nothing I can do about that. Sounds like the JSONP request is working ok, but the downloading of the plugins to your server for install is being blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319210 by carin
Replied by carin on topic Updating plugins
I have still this issue. Manually updating is not an option. Why are these plugins not listed in the Joomla updater like everything else?

Something on your site or server is breaking the Install from Web

No, it works.

CB 2.0

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #319211 by krileon

I have still this issue. Manually updating is not an option.

What issues are you having? Update CB itself to the latest release then retry. We've improved Install from Web, but you need the latest CB release for this. See the below blog post on how to use the new Site Keys for completely reliable authentication for Install from Web.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18884-updating-and-installing-plugins-the-easy-way

If you're still unable to update please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Why are these plugins not listed in the Joomla updater like everything else?

Because Joomla can't update extension plugins. CBs ecosystem is independent from Joomlas on purpose. Joomla update system can't handle commercial authentication either. We can't just allow people to download plugins without confirming they have a subscription for them. It's also so we don't depend on Joomla. This allows us to work towards being standalone and not needing Joomla in the future and also to support other CMS platforms in the future.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds