How does CB know the addon is paid?

4 years 11 months ago #311947 by Malatesa
How does CB know the addon is paid? was created by Malatesa
My site is working perfectly. I paid for 3 months CB.

My first addon is to remove the footer message in CB. It works fine, and the footer message was removed. But how does it work? How does my website know that I paid for 3 months of CB? Is it coded in the downloaded file? The "remove footer" option requires a paid membership, and I did that, but How does the downloaded plugin/addon to remove the footer KNOW it's paid? It's a silly question, but it would help me to know the mechanics of this.

Terry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How does CB know the addon is paid?
It doesn't know you've paid for 3 months. It just enables a parameter to be used to toggle off the footer. Beyond that it doesn't verify anything as we're expecting users to operate on good faith. The only call backs to our server are plugin update checks which contain minimal (if any as it depends on what update checker is being used) information to check for updates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn