connections not displaying name

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311957 by matthewdavey
connections not displaying name was created by matthewdavey
Im not sure why the connections is not displaying any names or avatars see attached?
Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #311961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic connections not displaying name
It uses the formatname and avatar fields. Ensure they're on a published and public tab and ensure they're set to display on profile. If they are then see if they're being hidden by a condition via CB Conditional or privacy controls via CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311973 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic connections not displaying name
I have a settings Tab that has a select box YES or NO to display BASIC profile Tab which has the canvas and avatar in it. when clicked yes it displays in profile
Depending on what CB Subs membership the user has they don't want to display the BASIC profile Tab that has canvas or avatar.

I still need the connections to show the connections profile information at all times or the user cant directly contact their connections with a click?

Still the user name and online not showing see attached?

When I login as admin I can see all my connections as normal no mater what CB Subs plan there on?
Thanks
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #311988 by krileon
If you suppress the profile display of formatname field and avatar they won't display anywhere. You'd have to move them to a tab that's in a not shown on profile position then use Custom HTML fields where they used to be displayed in the canvas layout and substitute them in so the original field isn't being suppressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #311993 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic connections not displaying name
I haven't touched or suppressed the profile display of formatname field. I have done nothing to that field.

I dont know why the field is not displaying on users connections? It displays in ADMIN see attached.

I hid the original BASIC tab to not display on profile that had the CB avatar and canvas in it.
I made a new basic2 tab and put a custom html field and the CB canvas and avatar in it see attached

But the canvas and avatar don't appear just 2 url paths appears in tab in profile view.

would it be best if I give you admin access in private message so you can have a look?
You can make a time and Ill meet you?

When do you think you will re wright the connections so it can display a field like phone number avatar and no canvas?
Thanks
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #312002 by krileon

I dont know why the field is not displaying on users connections? It displays in ADMIN see attached.

Because it's not accessible. The canvas, avatar, and formatname fields should not be hidden in any way. The only exception is their tab being placed in a not shown on profile position. If you hide them using the Access parameter of the tab, CB Privacy (field or its tab), CB Conditional (field or its tab), or CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection (field or its tab) then they're not going to display.

But the canvas and avatar don't appear just 2 url paths appears in tab in profile view.

You're using a raw substitution. Please read the substitution tutorial below carefully.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You need HTML output so you need to use [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] and not [FIELD_NAME].

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn