[SOLVED] Like link bug

5 years 1 day ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311994 by micheleq
[SOLVED] Like link bug was created by micheleq
Hello,
I'm having an issue I can't seem to find a solution.

When a user clicks on the "like" popup in the activity stream, be it like, smile, cool, or any of them, the site breaks and I get the following in text form. Only the text is displayed on the page. When I hit the back button on the browser I go back to the page where it's displayed OK and the "Like" has been recorded. I couldn't find any conflicts that may be causing this.
{"message":"<span class=\"likeStream likeStreamSimple streamContainer stream3ddb4f7310a8ea4d9ad8d02ea01d80ec\" data-cbactivity-stream=\"3ddb4f7310a8ea4d9ad8d02ea01d80ec\"><a href=\"http:\/\/es3.energeticsynthesis.com\/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=pluginclass&amp;plugin=cbactivity&amp;action=likes&amp;func=unlike&amp;stream=3ddb4f7310a8ea4d9ad8d02ea01d80ec&amp;Itemid=180&amp;format=raw\" class=\"likeStreamLink likeStreamUnlike streamItemAction\" data-cbactivity-container=\".stream3ddb4f7310a8ea4d9ad8d02ea01d80ec\" data-cbactivity-container-filter=\"false\" data-cbactivity-action-fade=\"false\"><span class=\"fa fa-heart-o\"><\/span> Unlove<\/a> <span class=\"likeStreamCount streamCount text-small\"><a href=\"javascript: void(0);\" class=\"cbTooltip streamModal text-muted\" data-cbactivity-modal-url=\"http:\/\/es3.energeticsynthesis.com\/index.php?...

Any help is appreciated.
Tomás

CB ver. 2.4.1+build.2019.04.12.08.56.27.62bfe5d74
CB Activity ver. 4.4.0+build.2019.03.28.16.44.50.3e5cb16e9
Joomla ver. 3.9.5

System Info

=============
System Information
=============
php: Linux mysite.com 4.15.0-47-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 13 10:44:52 UTC 2019 x86_64
dbserver: mysql
dbversion: 5.7.25-0ubuntu0.18.04.2-log
dbcollation: latin1_swedish_ci
dbconnectioncollation: utf8mb4_general_ci
phpversion: 7.2.15-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
server: Apache
sapi_name: apache2handler
version: Joomla! 3.9.5 Stable [ Amani ] 9-April-2019 15:00 GMT
platform: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 day ago #312003 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Like link bug
Works fine in my tests and on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

This typically happens when something 3rd party installed is tampering with Joomlas output buffer. Usually throwing an echo for some reason. This causes the JSON response to break. Typically a 3rd party Joomla system plugin that's doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312029 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Like link bug
OK, I found the issue.
I was scratching my head with this one as I disabled all extensions, removed all custom CSS and put the Joomla default Beez template, and STILL I had the issue. I realized that I had created a special template for the Activity stream (set in the CB Activity parameters), that caused the issue after updating. I've removed my template and now it's working fine.
Sorry for the troubles!
Tomás
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn