[#7538] CB Activity Comment error 401 not autorized

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #311995 by micheleq
Hello,
I'm having another issue with CB Activity I can't seem to find a solution.

When a user clicks on someone's images on the Activity stream, and it opens the modal with the picture and the ability to post a comment, I've noticed that if it's the first time the modal is opened, then the user can't post a comment (in looking at the page inspection, I see an error 401 not authorized, but the user doesn't see anything) But if you move to the next picture with the arrows, or close the modal and open another one, then you can place the comments.

Any help is appreciated.
Tomás

CB ver. 2.4.1+build.2019.04.12.08.56.27.62bfe5d74
CB Activity ver. 4.4.0+build.2019.03.28.16.44.50.3e5cb16e9
Joomla ver. 3.9.5

System Info

=============
System Information
=============
php: Linux mysite.com 4.15.0-47-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 13 10:44:52 UTC 2019 x86_64
dbserver: mysql
dbversion: 5.7.25-0ubuntu0.18.04.2-log
dbcollation: latin1_swedish_ci
dbconnectioncollation: utf8mb4_general_ci
phpversion: 7.2.15-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
server: Apache
sapi_name: apache2handler
version: Joomla! 3.9.5 Stable [ Amani ] 9-April-2019 15:00 GMT
platform: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.103 Safari/537.36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity Comment error 401 not autorized
Should only do that if they try to have for example multiple browser tabs open and are trying to access multiple CB Gallery comment streams at once. The previous streams will be denied access. There's not really a fix for this as it's a symptom of the current caching method for stream, which I'm planning to rewrite at a later time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312012 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic CB Activity Comment error 401 not autorized
Thanks for the quick reply Kyle.

This is what I've tested:
  • Clear site cache
  • Clear browser cache
  • Only one Browser window open on the profile page
  • Activity tab below profile
  • 1st modal opened allows for comment, next ones do not
  • On reopening the modal it allows the comment
  • Any modal with a comment by me already there, allows for comment the first time.
  • I'm doing all this as super admin.

Now, I noticed that I have a second tab on the same page with the "Gallery" which may be interfering. If I unpublish the Gallery tab, then the gallery pictures don't show in the activity stream.

Does that make sense?
Thanks Tomás

4 years 11 months ago #312020 by krileon
Was able to confirm on our demo site, but am unsure of the cause at this time. Seams to be a possible access permission issue due to steam id caching.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7538

As I'm in the middle of CB Activity 5.0.0 which was interrupted by PayPal Pro and Stripe development (thank another EU law that doesn't even go in affect until September :angry:) it likely won't be fixed until CB Activity 5.0.0 is released. I'm guessing it's a stream id caching problem and it's having a hard time finding the stream to reload it.

Now, I noticed that I have a second tab on the same page with the "Gallery" which may be interfering. If I unpublish the Gallery tab, then the gallery pictures don't show in the activity stream.

That gallery tab is your profile gallery and is normal for that to happen as it's being used to control profile gallery entry access on the stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312021 by krileon
Attempted to confirm locally again and still can't. Our demo site was out of date and have updated our staging site where I retested there and also now works there. Specifically CB Auto Actions was out of date. Please be sure everything installed is completely up to date then see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 11 months ago #312028 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic CB Activity Comment error 401 not autorized
Hi Kyle,

Yes, all my plugins are up to date, including Auto Actions (I updated all components before opening the thread).

The issue still persists, but in testing over and over again, I noticed that it's not always consistent, so there must be another factor that I can't pinpoint.
Whether there was a comment or not by me in the post doesn't seems to make a difference now(?).

I've recently updated my server to Ubuntu 18.04 and PHP 7.2 could that be an issue?

Thanks
Tomás

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn