[SOLVED] Profile Page Landing separate from User Main Profile

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #312078 by onedotlove
I am interested in knowing if CB can allow me to have a Profile Page Landing Page separate from the User Main Profile Page?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312084 by krileon
As a professional subscriber please be sure to post in the professional support forums. Have moved your topic for you.

Regarding your question yes it's possible. Using CB Content Bot you can substitute in users profile data anywhere Joomla processes content plugins. This includes Joomla articles. So you could create a Joomla articles with whatever substitutions you like to create a landing page for your users. See the below substitution tutorial for further usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

If you want to customize their actual profile to show different things based off who is viewing it you could use CB Conditional to conditioning against the users user_id, which would allow you to have things shown/hidden based off if the profile owner is viewing the profile or another user is. If that's what you're wanting please confirm and can provide examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312087 by onedotlove
Here is an example. I would like to convert this using CB Content and be able to put this in a joomla article. I would like to assign this Landing Profile Page for when users login to their account. Is this possible?

<div>{code CB Profile CSS}</div>
<div class="ad-profile-top">Marketing Ad Component Link</div>
<div style="margin-bottom: 20px;">{tab _UE_MENU}</div>
<div class="profile-layout">
<div class="profile-layout__side-left">
<div class="profile-section profile-section--bordered profile-intro">
<h3 class="profile-intro__heading">User Profile</h3>
<div class="profile-intro__avatar">{fld avatar}</div>
<h4 class="profile-intro__greeting">Welcome,<br />{fld firstname}!</h4>
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=userdetails">Update your profile</a><hr />
<ul class="profile-intro__links">
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=userprofile&amp;tab=31">Who viewed your profile</a><span class="badge">{fld hits}</span></li>
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&amp;view=manageconnections">Connections</a><span class="badge">{fld connections}</span></li>
<li><a href="#">Build your network</a></li>
</ul>
<hr />
<ul class="profile-intro__links">
<li><a href="#">Access tools and insights</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="profile-section">{loadmodule mod_jreviews_reviewer_rank}</div>
</div>
<div class="profile-layout__center">
<div class="profile-section">{tab Activity}</div>
</div>
<div class="profile-layout__side-right">
<div class="profile-section">{loadmodule mod_cb_profilehome}</div>
<div class="profile-section profile-section--bordered ad-placeholder">Marketing Ad Space Available</div>
</div>
</div>

4 years 10 months ago #312093 by krileon
Yes that's possible. See the substitution tutorial above on how to substitute in profile data. Please read it carefully as there are raw substitutions which do not include any data processing or HTML and then there's the HTML substitutions which output with what you'd expect on the users profile. As for the landing page on login simply edit your CB Login Module in Extensions > Modules and set your login redirect to be to your Joomla article.

Your alternative would be to look into something like the 3rd party plugin CB Profile Pro.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312127 by onedotlove
I know for you this would be an easy conversion, just to copy and paste the code into an joomla article and then update the identyfing fields. But to me I am clueless.

Is this something you can do or help me identify the fields to convert? I am clueless..

4 years 10 months ago #312128 by krileon
The fields available for substitution can be found in CB > Field Management. The tabs available can be found in CB > Tab Management. So for example the profile picture is the "avatar" field. To display it as an image you'd use [cb:userfield field="avatar" /]. To display the Activity tab you'd use [cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID" /] where TAB_ID is the # found under the ID column in CB > Tab Management. Be sure to review the substitution tutorial below carefully as each usage comes with an example.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

To load CBs CSS to be sure to edit "Content - Community Builder" within Extensions > Plugins then under Advanced set "Load Template" to "Yes". You may not need to do this though if for example the CB Login Module is on the same page as the CSS will already be loaded. Next CBs CSS is namespaced so the top level div in your layout you need to add the CSS class cb_template to it. This div should surround your entire custom HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn